Uganda's largest startup community
Startup Uganda connects startup entrepreneurs with the knowledge, support programs, mentors, and investors needed for success.
Working with 12 hubs across the country
Frequently asked questions
Startup Uganda (SU) is an association of innovation and entrepreneurship support organizations (IESOs) working towards strengthening the startup support ecosystem and sector.
As an association we have the following as part of our mandate:
- Increasing sustainability and investments to and through Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support Organisations
- Strengthening Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support Organisations and the sector
- Engaging Government for an enabling entrepreneurship environment
- Representing diverse IESOs across Uganda working on impact and diversity
- Developing a culture and systems for collaboration among key players in the ecosystem
- Acting as the research and knowledge management engine for the startup ecosystem
Do you meet the criteria below? Then you are set to be part of us!
- Be in operation as an organiazation supporting the needs of innovators and entrepreneurs in one way or another.
- Be registered as a legal entity. A certificate of incorporation will have to be presented to SU by the aspiring member.
- Being in operation for at least one year prior to your application. Have a physical and accessible workspace.
- Maintain a focus on at least one or more of the following; technology, innovation, Creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Be located in Uganda.
The best way to be a part of Startup Uganda is by joining our web portal community. Browse our investor directory, check out our events, activities and opportunities to see which ones are best for you and find peers you can learn from. Click sign up in the top right corner if you haven't already.